Friday, October 5, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  Fred and I had the opportunity to go to Carson Newman College in Jefferson City, Tennessee this week.  He spoke at chapel Tuesday morning.  It was a quick trip, but we had the best time.  The president and staff of Carson Newman could not have been more welcoming.  I wasn't going to go with him, but a wise person in my family reminded me that Fred's tenure as president of TBC is drawing to a close.  On her advice, I jumped at the chance to go and I'm so grateful I did.  Thanks to my mom for corralling the boys while we were away. 
2.  I mentioned several weeks ago that I got some of my grandmother's furniture.  Well this week, I finally "settled" the dining room.  It really is my favorite room now...full of memories.  (I still have a few finishing touches to add to the room, but for the most part it is complete.  I'll just have to go to a "big city" to get them.)
Before...

 After...


3. Clayton has a Kindle Fire.  He loves playing Words with Friends on it.  The other night Fred and I were tucked in bed (at 9:30...I know, we are old!!) and his phone indicated he had a message.  It was Clayton across the house making his move on Words.  Too funny!
4.  While at Carson Newman I may or may not have committed Jack to play football for Coach Sparks.  Grin.  Click here to see more of the college.
5. When Andrew and my mom picked up the boys at swim practice she let all the boys pick something out of the machine. (I never do this!!)  Andrew picked out Twinkies.  I think it was his first time to eat a Twinkie.  I think he was/is a fan.

No comments: