Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Plague

It hits us every.single.year.  I don't even know why I'm surprised.  Tuesday morning (12/22) Andrew woke up saying his belly was hurting.  I didn't brush him off, but I just figured it was the incredible diet we've been partaking of over the holidays.  We settled in to watch the Memphis football game and Andrew woke from his nap.

He was pretty lethargic, but we've been staying up late so again I just figured it was the time of year.  Right before I left to run with a friend (which never happened since the bottom fell out!) he started throwing up and running a fever.  Great.  Seriously, this should be my Christmas card picture...
 Since Andrew was sick the big boys and Fred headed out to look at some Christmas lights.  They came in sooner than I thought they would.  Jack's stomach was now hurting.  We decided to turn in for the night.  Jack slept on the living room couch.  Andrew slept in our room on the couch.  And Clayton slept in the guest room (downstairs, right next to our room).  It was a regular slumber party.  The fun started around 12:30 am.  I heard Jack up and he was sick, sick, sick.  This woke Clayton up whose stomach was now hurting. I laid in bed trying to go back to sleep, but knowing things were about to get interesting I stayed awake.  Around 2:00 am Clayton woke me up throwing up.  Then Jack at 2:30, 4:15, 5:45 (this woke Andrew and Dash up...I'm now up for the day) and 6:45.  Whew, I felt like I was at a lock in.  I loathe lock ins.  Despise.
Now Clayton and Jack both have a fever.

 But this guy...he's good.
 There's hope for the two above.  Jack is always the hardest hit.  He'll bounce back soon.  Plus, there's always a silver lining to being sick at Christmas.  I get to spend a little extra time with the boys.  There's no running around in crazy traffic with crazy people.  Everything gets pretty simple.  I refuse to see this as a negative.  God has a plan in all of this and even if it's just for us to slow down then we'll take it.  These boys are only going to be little once.  We'll keep smiling and praising Him for all He does all the time.  And we'll wash everything in color safe bleach and Lysol anything we can!

No comments: