Monday, December 22, 2014

Open House

We hosted an Open House for our church last Sunday.  Fred and Renee came to help  (My family's church had a Christmas program that night so they weren't able to make it.  Boo.) and the wives of our staff members.  I really don't know what we would have done without them.  Tommy (on staff at the church) and another man drove a shuttle for 3 hours from the church to my house (takes about 5 minutes) every quarter hour to alleviate parking problems in my neighborhood.  Again, a life saver.  I divided up every one by Sunday School classes in 45 minute time slots.  We served cake, mints, nuts, punch and coffee punch.  I had tons of cake left, but Mr. Fred had to make a run to the store to get more ingredients for coffee punch.  It was a huge hit!  We had so much fun.  Thanks to our friend Denise for snapping these pictures from the day.  We are so blessed to have such a loving church family.  It was a joy to share our home with them.



 We met everyone at the door and told them to make themselves at home.  These two guys are too funny.  They caught me at church later and told me I should probably change our sheets because they took Fred literally.  They told me they watched the game.  I laughed out loud when I scrolled through the pictures and saw this!
 Clayton was so sweet.  He, without being asked, held the door and helped people off the bus.  It was precious to watch him just jump in.  He's growing into a man right before my eyes.



 When some of the kids came they were over the house.  I'm pretty sure this exceeds the limit on the trampoline.  Yep, it does.
We celebrated a year at EBC in December.  In some ways it's hard to believe we've been gone from Paris a year, but it other ways it feels like we've been here forever.  Stepping out on faith and leaving the only home our boys knew was difficult, but I firmly believe God called us to it.  He has been faithful and I can't wait to see all he will continue to do.

No comments: