Sunday, September 6, 2015

Saturday evening I had the privilege so joining forces with my friend, Melanie Redd, to discuss mentoring.  We went somewhere in Mississippi.  (My Mississippi geography is not that good, so sorry.)  I think we were in South Haven or Horn Lake or something like that.  Regardless, we had the best time!
Sunday night we had an artist at church.  He painted while music was playing.  It was beautiful to watch.  We did not know it, but the painting was actually upside down while he was painting.  Andrew was really enjoying watching the process, but at one point he leaned over to me and said, "If he is trying to draw a picture of Jesus it doesn't look anything like him." Then when he flipped over the painting and it looked like this
Andrew said, "Well...he's a serious artist."  I was rolling at Andrew's commentary.  Fred misses out on some good times because he sits in the front of the church.  I was rolling.

Monday Jack came home from school all excited.  He ran the half mile with 40 people and came in 3rd place.  He told me later he would have come in 2nd, but a girl beat him.  Then he said, "It was only because they gave the girls a 10 second head start."  Competitive boy.
Fred, Clayton and Andrew headed to Renee's house to celebrate Tori's birthday, but Jack and I stayed back.  I had a meeting at Clayton's school (Oh, the beginning of school meetings!  I think this was the last one.  I hope.) and Jack had flag football practice.  Since it was just the two of us I decided we needed to celebrate with Mexican...i.e. Jack's favorite food ever.
  He talked my ear off.  It was really a good night for us.  He sure is a sweet boy and it's a joy to get to spend one on one time with him.  That just doesn't happen much when you are the man in the middle.
Wednesday was picture day at school.  Jack came down and wanted me to iron clothes for him.  What?!?  I did it, of course.  But please know, we are not the dress up kind of crew around here.  At least I didn't have to fix anyone's hair!  That afternoon when Andrew got home he reported to me that they had to take his picture seven times.  I'm not sure what that means, but I'm thinking he was sporting his weird smile.  Maybe I should look up when the make up pictures will be taken?!?

Thursday afternoon my mom and I headed out for our annual shopping trip.  You can read all about it here.

While I was away Fred sent me a message asking about Cici's night.  Jack and Andrew's school has a night at Cici's once a month where a percentage of the sales goes to the school.  Andrew really wanted to go because his teacher told him she would be there.  And she was.  And he loved it!
  Does Fred not win Dad of the Year?!?  He also took the boys to Jerry's Sno Cones.  I know they loved it!

Saturday night the Tigers had their first ballgame.  Andrew forgot that we were there to watch football.  He thought our only goal was to support the concession stand.  He almost succeeded.


The Tigers looked good and we're all looking forward to a great season.  Go Tigers Go!

1 comment:

Mary Dolan Flaherty said...

What a hoot! I loved it all. And I love those artists too.