Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Drum roll, please...

I got all of this at Kroger for.............................. $2.45!!!!!!!!!! Yes, all of this for $2.45, but allow me to explain. Kroger is running a special this week that if you buy 10 items from a certain list you get $5 off your entire purchase. While I was glancing over the list I realized I had coupons for many of the items. For example, the Green Giant Steamers were part of the deal, but they were also on sale for $1.59. I had four coupons for $1 off each bag, plus my $0.50 per item discount which made them $0.09 a bag!! I counted all of this up and my total was supposed to be around $5 plus tax. When they rang me up it ended up being $10.32. I looked over my receipt and noticed they had made an error. Kroger's policy is to refund the amount they made a mistake on--2 bags of vegetables for $3.65 . So they handed me $7.87 in cash...thus making my total $2.45!!

Here is what I got:
2 blocks of cream cheese
2 bags of meatballs
1 bag of Chex Mix
4 bags of Green Giant Steamers
1 bag of break apart cookies

Oh my goodness! I am still in shock! I have to give credit to my mom. She taught me everything I know about coupons and saving money. In addition to all of this she also saves her coupons out of her paper for me each week! What would we do without mothers?!?

3 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

I am very impressed!

Pastor Steve said...

You go Jennifer! The good guys DO win sometimes!

Lori said...

This is GREAT! And I love how you figured your total BEFORE hand so you knew there was a mistake, and you stood your ground...the sign of a TRUE frugal shopper! My mom taught me lots, too! CONGRATS!