Sunday, January 11, 2009

Renee's Chocolate Cheesecake

Bunko is at my house this week and I was trying to decide what to have for dinner. Renee (my mother-in-law) makes a delicious, home-made chocolate cheesecake. She makes it for most of our birthday meals. I have never attempted to make it...until now. After numerous phone calls to Renee I think the final product came out great! Although the cheesecake will not be the same since we are not eating it in Memphis I am looking forward to sharing it with my Paris friends.
I said "share it with my friends". I literally meant that. I have been eating this cheesecake with the Shackelfords for 12 years now and I've never seen the recipe...until today!! We'll just sum it up by saying I'll share it with my friends. I'll probably not eat it again unless I'm training for a half marathon!! (I'll just leave you with FOUR blocks of cream cheese!!! Yes, I said four!)