Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday our boys apparently thought they would get to run to the empty tomb with Peter and John b/c they were both up before 6!! After putting Jack back to bed around 8:00 a.m. we determined that no one was going to steal the joy of this family on Easter!! We persevered and headed to church after our family participated in a Resurrection Easter egg hunt. What a great service we had celebrating our risen Lord!! Feelings overwhelm me as I recall the words to one of my favorite hymns: "Up from the grave he arose, with a mighty triumph o'er his foes! He arose the victor from the dark domain and he lives forever with his saints to reign! He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!!" He conquered and sacrificed it all so that everyone would have opportunity to truly live...in this life and for eternity!! Hallelujah, my Savior lives!!Our church egg hunt...can we call it a hunt? I think it is more of a free-for-all!! Jack held his bucket in his lap for the first 10 minutes of the trip. Fred asked me how long I was going to let him eat candy. I didn't even know he was eating it, but when I turned around he had candy wrappers all around him, a piece of candy in his mouth and a partially opened egg in his hand. I told him he could have no more candy to which he replied while looking at the egg in his hand, "this the last one?!?"
We headed to Jackson for some family time. Mimi and Tee had hidden 96 eggs...for two boys!! (We were livin' it up Kenworthy style!!)

What a fun day!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awww.. it looks like an amazing day! The boys are precious, and I also LOVE the hymn!

Fred and Renee said...

I love the outfits that the boys wore. They were so cute! I bet they had a good time hunting eggs.