Monday, May 17, 2010

The first of many...


With three boys (four if you count Fred) I knew we would have some mishaps around the house. We have a rip in our couch, crayon on a wall, dirt everywhere, etc. etc, but this is a first. You may be asking what is the above picture? Well, it's cracked sub floor. Yes, cracked sub floor. Now you may be asking...how did that happen? I'm glad you asked. It seems that when little boys jump from the top of the slide and land just perfectly they can break the floor. When this happens the parents of the house have to crawl under the house to check the floor, take up base boards, remove carpet padding and pull back the carpet to check the damage. Once they have assessed the damage they have to fix it. I'm just going to say...It's the first of many!! But from now on, if you come to my house to play, please don't jump off the top of the slide. It's a new rule. Thanks.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ummm... everything about this stresses me out. EVERYTHING.

Fred Shackelford said...

i know it will be hard, but I'llstay off the slide