Thursday, May 13, 2010

Five on Friday

Friday is here again! How does it get here so quickly?!?

1. Since we've been at Springhill Fred has wanted to get his sermons on a podcast. Sunday morning our sound guy had a new device for him to try. Fred (and all of us) are proud to announce that you can now listen to his sermons online at our website. Click here to view your listening options.

2. I got a new bike this week. After suffering through last week with trying to clip in and eventually just riding my mountain bike my precious husband found me a road bike. He even drove to Camden to get it for me. I took our bikes to Murray yesterday for a tune up. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really excited about riding it! Hopefully, I won't fall off!?! Stay tuned for that update...

3. Clayton has one more week of first grade! Didn't I just take him to his first day of preschool yesterday?!? He is growing and maturing into such a precious young man. He constantly amazes me with his insights into life and how he just "gets" certain things. I'll have to stop now or I might tear up.

4. Jack and Clayton were in the front yard when I was trying to clip in to Melody's bike. I fell over several times, with the boys watching. Since then I have been riding my mountain bike. Wednesday Jack and I went for a spin around the circle on our bikes. Jack was pedaling behind me and shouting, "You're doing a good job Mom!! You're not even falling off! Good job, Mom!!" I'm sure all the neighbors heard it and wondered why I am just now learning to ride a bike.

5. Andrew has reached his grabbing stage. He grabs everything and eventually gets it to his mouth. We call him grabby-goo. It is so funny to see the sheer determination on his face when he wants to grab something. Sunday I was loading him for church in his carrier. I set him on the table in his carrier and ran back to my room to get something. When I got back he had grabbed my plant and pulled a leaf off. Yes, he was grinning and eating it. (The plant was not poisonous.) He's come a long way from gagging on his rice cereal, hasn't he?!?!

1 comment:

Fred and Renee said...

I can just see Jack telling you that you are doing a good job. He is so funny. And I do not know what you are talking about when you say that Friday comes so fast. I can tell you are not a teacher enduring the last 2 weeks of school. Fridays take FOREVER!