Thursday, May 20, 2010

Five on Friday

1. Fred and I love beef from Alex and Gail's cows. We bought a 1/4 of a cow over a year ago from them. It was a large cow and it took up 2/3 of a large freezer. We are down to two packages. I just got a text that our cow (processed of course) has arrived! Fred will be so excited! There is nothing like a fresh steak from Alex and Gail's farm!
2. Andrew and I are leaving for Sioux Falls, South Dakota for my cousin's high school graduation. We are going with my parents. Up until last week we were going to drive (13 hours), but thankfully we found a great deal on some airline tickets!! Sioux Falls here we come!!

3. Clayton found out yesterday who his teacher will be next year for second grade. He really wanted this teacher based on her test scores and classroom management skills...HA!! The real reason, we've determined, is that she's young and cute!! Bless his heart! Or maybe bless our hearts!
4. I got a new cell phone this week. Jack thinks it's awesome. How do I know this? Every time I use the phone he says, "Mom, your new phone is awesome! Can I hold it?" Sometimes he's hard to read. ;-)
5. Andrew woke up Wednesday morning with his first tooth! On a related note...I told Fred Tuesday night that Andrew was growing up too quickly. I decided I was going to call him Peter Pan so he would never grow up. Fred assured me of the fact that little boys that don't grow up are definitely not called Peter Pan, but something entirely different that we don't want him called. Who wouldn't want to keep this little precious little?!?

No comments: