Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year's Eve Surprise

Our good friends called us up to see if the boys and Fred would want to go duck hunting.  They jumped at the chance!  Our friend provided all the camo, hunting equipment and snacks.  I seriously think they ate the entire time they were hunting.  I told them I would provide the food next time and they quickly declined my offer.  Clayton informed me that nothing was healthy or whole wheat.  I guess my style of snacks are unwanted/unwelcomed in the duck blind.

Here are my sweet hunters (and our good friend's dog, Ace):

Both those duck came home with us.  Fred marinated them, wrapped them with bacon and then cooked them in a skillet.  They were delicious!  I am still finding feathers in my kitchen. Nice.

All in all, even with all the sickness, it has been a great break!  We are going to make each day count in 2013!  And...we are going to count down the days until summer break! 

No comments: