Friday, June 4, 2010

Five on Friday

1. While I was in Jackson earlier this week Fred called me to let me know a precious man at our church passed away. He died suddenly with a massive heart attack. Mr. Wallace taught our senior adult Sunday School class. He really cared for them. Our heart aches as we think about the loss of his life, but we take comfort in 1 Thessalonians 4:13: "And regarding the question, friends, that has come up about what happens to those already dead and buried, we don't want you in the dark any longer. First off, you must not carry on over them like people who have nothing to look forward to, as if the grave were the last word. Since Jesus died and broke loose from the grave, God will most certainly bring back to life those who died in Jesus." (Taken from The Message) Please join us as we pray for the family of Wallace Parrish

2. My check engine light has been on in my van for a good two months. It does not bother Fred, but it bothers me! I've had it in the shop and had several things done to it, but nothing has worked. I finally took it to the Mazda dealership Tuesday. It is Friday and they still have my van. They think they have found the problem. We are just waiting on the part. I drove back to Paris yesterday in a Saturn L3. Good times.

3. While Clayton and I were working in the garden we saw some squash. Clayton said, "Yes, they look nice, but I won't eat them and I'll probably be dramatic about it."

4. Jack is staying at Aunt Janice's house, otherwise known as Land of 1,000 Snacks. She has oatmeal cream cakes upstairs by the computer. This morning Jack spotted one. To my knowledge he has never had one. Janice said he quickly finished it and replied, "I ate ALL my cupcake!" Only at Aunt Janice's house to you get to eat "cupcakes" for breakfast!

5. Andrew cut another tooth this week. If anyone is counting, that is two teeth for Andrew! Two!! Where has the time gone?!?

No comments: