Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oops! How 'bout Six on Saturday?

Ok, faithful readers...so, we forgot to post the Five on Friday this week. To make up for it, how about Six on Saturday? Here goes...

1. Fred's making progress in his marathon training and fund raising. Friday he ran 15 miles and so far, he's raised $675 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. It'd be awesome if he could get to $1000, so if you haven't donated, yet, click here!

2. My birthday was Sunday. My brother had my parents, both grandmothers, both aunts, Fred's parents and my family out to his lake house. He and Paige treated me to a birthday lunch! It was so much fun. My mom brought a few goodies as well. No the least of which was a cake from Shirley's...yum!!

3. Clayton got sick last year at school on tacos. He still does not like them at school. Due to time restraints in the morning before school we were not able to get his lunch made. He had to eat tacos. I felt really bad. I was afraid he would not eat. When I asked him how it went at lunch he told me he just made his taco into a taco salad. Ahhh, now that's taking lemons and making lemonade, isn't it?!?

4. It might surprise you, but Jack is actually our pickiest eater. Some days he'll go without eating anything at a meal, just because, in his words, "That's not my favorite." What he likes, though, he REALLY likes. Sunday, I got to pick where I wanted to go eat for my birthday after church. The whole time I was deciding, Jack was in the back seat chanting, "Rice and beans, rice and beans..." Lucky for him, I was in a Mexican mood.

5. It's hard to believe that in a couple of weeks, Mr. Andrew will be ONE YEAR OLD! He is a super-sweet "almost one," though. Lately, when he wants to give you a kiss, he'll lean his head in and say, "mmmm-ah!" Ladies, look out!

6. We've been on the garage sale trail. It seems like here in Paris everybody is having a garage sale, and we've been reaping the benefits. Yesterday, my friend, Lori, and I found a food processor for $5, some Christmas tins, and small bottles for something the Shacks are cooking up for Christmas!

1 comment:

Fred and Renee said...

Well, I am glad that you put up the six on Saturday because i looked for 5 on Friday about 5 times last night. I do look forward to reading about what is going on in your lives. Love you and have a good weekend! Looking forward to next week!