Tuesday, October 12, 2010

St. Jude

Yes, it's true. Jennifer does the vast majority of the blogging in the Shackelford house. There are a number of reasons for that. First and foremost is the fact that she's just better at it. She's extremely disciplined, while I'm only moderately so. Were I to start a blog with the best of intentions, I'd have about three posts and then you'd all still be looking at pictures of January snow the following August (love you, Tori :)). So, it goes without saying, we're all thankful for Jennifer!

Having said that, I have been known to, on occasion, post on certain topics that I'm passionate about. One of those topics is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. St. Jude is an amazing organization that literally saves lives every day--hundreds of young lives ravaged by the evil that is cancer.

Jennifer's mentioned in a few recent blogs that I'm training for a marathon--my first. This isn't just any 26.2 mile race, though. One of the primary reasons I'm running is to raise money and awareness for St. Jude. I want people to know what a powerful service this institution is, and I'd love to raise a lot of money for families whose lives have been turned upside down by childhood cancer.

Will you help me with that? Here's what you can do: First, donate. Click here or on my St. Jude link in the top right corner of this page to do so. It's easy. In 2 minutes, you can literally change a life. Second, if you're a blogger, help me out by posting a link to my fundraising site. The address is www.mystjudeheroes.org/fred.

Thanks, friends. And, if the pattern holds true, I'll see you next summer!

No comments: