Monday, April 4, 2011

Camping with Cub Scouts

 Saturday morning we all loaded up and headed to Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park in Benton County for a little Cub Scout camp out.  The big boys were so excited!  Andrew and I played Saturday during the day, but headed back to sleep at the house and prepare for the arrival of three weary campers on Sunday morning.  (Yes, we went to church...on time!)  It really was a beautiful weekend.  The camp out theme was Lewis and Clark.  There were history lessons, compass activities, kick ball games, canoe making (out of clay), fishing and sleeping in tents.  All things boy!

What is it with boys and sticks?  They are attracted to them.  Jack was working on some kind of move.  I love his face in this one.  We are serious about a stick!


Fred informed me that this weekend was perfect camping weather.  I informed him that NO weather was perfect camping weather.  Why do I want to sleep outside in "perfect" conditions when I have a perfectly good bed with perfectly controlled temperatures inside my house?!?  Boys...they are so silly.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Didn't know you're a blogger, too! I'm an official follower of your blog as of today. Can't wait to keep up with your family. And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog -- made my day. Love, Kathy