Thursday, April 7, 2011

Five on Friday

1.  Fred was subpoenaed this week to testify in court regarding the burglary that took place at our church.  He came home telling fascinating tales of the other people who had to appear in court.  Some of the highlights included a stalker, a couple who rented a video game system from a local business and then promptly tried to pawn it, and a man who, in his own words, "had mental problems." If you ever decide to stop watching cable, swing by the Henry County Courthouse most any Tuesday. Judge Vicky Snyder runs a tight ship, but with the cast of characters that are sure to be there with you, you'll have no shortage of entertainment! 
 2.  It's no secret that I love to cook.  I also love to read a good recipe.  Several weeks ago I read a recipe for cinnamon sugar scones, but it called for cinnamon chips.  I knew Kroger here would not have cinnamon chips.  This week while purchasing lunch meat and cheese for the week at my local Amish store, I noticed cinnamon chips on their shelf.  I quickly purchased them and knew that some day soon I would make those scones.  Some day was tonight.  Yum!  Oh, yum!  I think I'll have another two one for breakfast.













3.  Clayton topped 200 accelerated reader points today.  He was pretty pumped.  As a special treat he asked if he could stay up late and read.  Are you kidding?  Sit quietly in your bed and read while I go to bed?!?!  No problem!  
4.  Jack loves to play outside.  Every day he grabs the basketball and tries to shoot it.  He never makes it (it's like 9 or 10 feet tall), but he tries every day.  He comes in smiling and will say, "I almost got it...maybe tomorrow."  Precious perseverance.  I love it. 
5.  Andrew has been uncharacteristically whiny this week.  He ran a low grade fever and then had some eye issues.  I decided to take him to the doctor.  Yeah, he had an ear infection in both ears...oops.  Word to the third child in a highly verbal family...If your ears (or anything for that matter) hurt you have to speak up so someone can hear you and get some help for you!!    

No comments: