Friday, May 27, 2011

Five on Friday

1. Fred tries to keep his weight within a particular range, and recently he’s been edging closer to the high end of that range. Sunday, he decided to start keeping track of his workouts and what he eats using Lance Armstrong’s LIVESTRONG app for his phone (If you’re interested in doing the same thing, go to www.livestrong.com to set it up). Already he’s lost about 4 pounds.  I'm trying not to be mad about the fact that he loses weight so easily. 
 2.  I've been in a baking mood lately.  It started with cinnamon sugar scones the other day.  Then I picked up a flat of strawberries.  After looking at them for a few days I decided to get busy so I made strawberry jam, strawberry cake with homemade icing (for the neighbors), strawberry ice cream (for me and fred!), strawberry bread (pretty healthy), plus I froze a few strawberries.  After all I that I still hadn't had enough.  So, I whipped a batch of these babies for breakfast.  They were delicious and relatively easy...not healthy...but oh so, ooey, gooey.  You should make them!  Go here for the recipe.
3.  We were up late due to the storms Wednesday night.  Once we got home I told Clayton he could not get up before 7:00 a.m. Thursday morning.  He responded with, "What?!?  It's summer vacation!  I'm going to get up extra early!"  I think we may need to discuss our priorities over this summer break. 
4.  While in the car the other day with Jack and Andrew I heard Jack saying this to Andrew over and over..."Andrew, you're not stupid, no you're not.  You're not stupid."  I stopped Jack and told him we don't need to use the word stupid.  He said, "But mom, I was just telling him he was NOT stupid.  That's good, right?!?" 
5.  We call Andrew, Captain Underfoot.  He is always in the way right with us.  While I was making the cinnamon rolls this morning he was glued to my side and boxing me out.  He had gotten his own rolling pin.  He was pushing me and saying, "Move, peas ma ma.  Move, peas ma ma."  I moved out of the way and he commenced to "roll" our cinnamon rolls.  He is a mess. 

No comments: