1. Fred was presented with the opportunity to represent the Tennessee Baptist Convention at a new school in Haiti that our convention has built. He will get to go for the weekend for the dedication of the school.
2. Andrew and I have been here alone this week during the day. It's a new season for me. I've had a couple of recipes I've wanted to try, so I did. One of my favorites was peanut butter honey bars. When I make them next time I will add crushed peanuts instead of sesame seeds. To view the recipe, click here. ( I also made homemade pudding and and then froze it to make pudding pops...YUM!! I'm experimenting with it more this week.)
3. Clayton seems to be adjusting to his new school. This week when I picked him up from school he told me all the teachers knew his name. I asked why and he said, "I guess they know me because they all wanted me in their class." Oh, to have his confidence!
4. Jack's school serves breakfast and lunch. We only eat lunch. I fix breakfast...every...day. Tonight he informed me that he has been eating breakfast at school.
This is how our conversation went:
Me: You ate breakfast at school?
Jack: Yes. (with a grin and a chuckle)
Me: You ate breakfast at home. Remember? You had bagels and eggs.
Jack: Yes, I remember, but it's good and it's free. (grin and chuckle)
Me: No, it's not free. I will get a bill for breakfast.
Jack: Well, they let me eat and it was good!
5. Andrew and I have spent a lot of time together this week. I've loved it! I could literally follow him around to just watch and listen. He loves popcicles. I love the way he says popcicle. Thought I'd record it for my benefit.