Thursday, August 25, 2011

Five on Friday

1.  We have gotten a lot of produce from the garden this year, but the one plant that has given and given and given is our hot pepper plant.  While we like a hot pepper like the next person, 10 per day is a little much.  Fred decided to use those peppers this week to make pepper relish.  My family would call it too hot, but this house calls it delicious.  Seriously, I have been craving it.  It is good on beans, chicken, hamburgers, a cracker...yum!!  If you ever come over for dinner be sure to ask for the pepper relish.  You won't be sorry! 
2.   Since we have been in this house we have known that the electrical box was on its last leg.  Well, this week it went out.  Completely.  Nothing.  We lost power in the front part of the house as well as the air conditioning.  The picture below may not look like much to you, but to me and Fred is says Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, Happy Easter, Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukkah, and anything in between for the next year. HeHeHe!  Just kidding!!  Surely, I'll get him something for Christmas?!?

3.  At Clayton's school when you are in the third grade you are presented with the opportunity to sign up for strings class to take during school hours.  He opted to take the class.  He is supposed to practice 1 1/2 hours a week, with a minimum of 30 minutes a week.  Fred and I are rooting for 30 minutes a week.  We do love the songs "Hot Cross Buns" and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
4.  I make homemade waffles with whole wheat flour and pure grade B maple syrup.  Jack likes them, but I've never garnered the following response...While at my parents house my mom served Jack frozen waffles (toasted of course) with pancake syrup.  He stood up and sang, "Praise God for waffles! Praise God for waffles!" ...in his best church choir voice.  Maybe I should stop trying!?!
5.  You may be asking what the above picture is?!?  Well, it's sharpee...on my bedroom wall...I'm sorry...my freshly painted walls.  Yes, Andrew tried to express himself artistically on my walls with a sharpee.  He also colored on another section of the wall, his face, his arms, his ears and his legs.  I'm not laughing yet, but I'm sure in a couple of months I will.

No comments: